https://hagemanforgovernor.com/wp-content/uploads/hageman_logo_v10.png 0 0 Erica Mitchell https://hagemanforgovernor.com/wp-content/uploads/hageman_logo_v10.png Erica Mitchell2018-07-31 12:38:022018-07-31 12:39:25We must have accountability when undertaking economic development and diversification
- Economic development should be for the purpose of bettering our citizens, for creating jobs, and not for growing government.
- Our state agencies and boards must be dedicated to fostering economic development and diversification, not stifling it.
- We must also have full accountability for any economic development program that is funded with public moneys.
- We must have a full accounting of how much “economic development” has cost our local governments and our state to date, and the benefits received.
- For all future economic development projects:
- we must know prior to approval how much money will be spent and for what purpose;
- we must establish detailed goals for each project before approval;
- we must identify the measures of success for each project before it is funded; and
once the project is completed we must report to the citizens how the promises made compare with the project outcome.